Monday, January 19, 2009

Obama cool and calm on eve of his presidency - Yahoo! News

Obama cool and calm on eve of his presidency - Yahoo! News: "WASHINGTON – If Barack Obama felt nervous about becoming president in a few hours, he didn't show it Monday, as he cracked jokes and breezed through a series of volunteerism events and bipartisan dinners. 'I don't sweat,' said the 47-year-old man about to inherit responsibility for two wars, an economy in crisis and the helm of the world's lone superpower. 'You ever see me sweat?' It was vintage no-drama Obama, who seemed determined to carry his not-too-high, not-too-low demeanor to the Capitol steps for his swearing-in Tuesday." I have never seen anyone so over-hyped. I had thought that Obama was set for failure. Expectations are too high and he has no where to go but down. But, lately I've been realizing he won't be allowed to fail. No matter what he does, it will be praised and heralded. I really believe now he will actually try to top FDR. He is going to keep this country down for decades just like FDR also. But just like FDR, he will be considered a hero and loved (by at least 50%). I'm trying to be uplifting and not get depressed. But how can I when I see where we're going for maybe the rest of my natural life?

No comments: