Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Opinion: What Are the Odds of a Depression? - WSJ.com

I like this guy. I don't find many in the media that actually make sense. I agree with what he says here. Opinion: What Are the Odds of a Depression? - WSJ.com: "Given our situation, it is right that radical government policies should be considered if they promise to lower the probability and likely size of a depression. However, many governmental actions -- including several pursued by Franklin Roosevelt during the Great Depression -- can make things worse. I wish I could be confident that the array of U.S. policies already in place and those likely forthcoming will be helpful. But I think it more likely that the economy will eventually recover despite these policies, rather than because of them. Mr. Barro is a professor of economics at Harvard and a fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution."

No comments: