Friday, May 22, 2009

Obama backs Gitmo plan, Cheney defends Bush policy - Yahoo! News

Dear Senator Harkin/Senator Grassley/Representative Loebsack, How many Enemy Combatants, Terrorists, People of Suspicion, or whatever they are called today, be moved to Iowa and in particular, eastern Iowa? Since there is the possibility and likelihood that some of these people have murdered Americans and would like to murder me and my fellow Americans, I would like to know the level of preparedness I should take in order to protect my family. With all due respect, An Iowan Voter That's what I'm sending my so called congressional representation in Washington. I'll post the responses here. Obama backs Gitmo plan, Cheney defends Bush policy - Yahoo! News: "WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama fought Thursday to retake command of the emotional debate over closing Guantanamo, denouncing 'fear-mongering' by political opponents and insisting that maximum-security prisons in the U.S. can safely house dangerous terror suspects transferred from Cuba. In a unique bit of Washington theater, former Vice President Dick Cheney delivered his own address just one minute later, defending the Bush administration's creation of the prison camp as vigorously as Obama denounced it."

No comments: