Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Starving Blogger

Blogs take too much work. I initially started blogging 5 or 6 years ago 1) to try out this new fad and 2) I thought it would be interesting to keep a diary of my thoughts. I'm over number 1. Number 2, I still think is worth while, but it's not easy to keep motivated to do. And if you don't write regularly, then it doesn't seem to make much sense. There will be large gaps. I also have found it hard to be interested enough to go back and review. I have a few times though. We live in a fast food world. If it takes me more than 30 seconds to get the gist of a story, I usually move on. I wonder how many have moved on from this blog post. For fun and interest, I added Google Ads to my blog. Well, it turns out, if I relied on my sustenance coming from the money I made from that, I would have starved to death years ago. My biggest day was a $1.92. 13 impressions and 1 click. Someone must have bought something I guess. I average 6 cents a day. Still, I suppose that's more than what most people make from blogging (since most people don't blog and therefore make nothing). Well, I'm bored of this already. Like I said, blogging is too hard.

No comments: