Wednesday, January 30, 2008

My Way News - Giuliani to Exit Presidential Race Today

My Way News - Giuliani to Exit Presidential Race Today: "ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Following his third place finish in Florida, former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani is expected to drop out of the presidential race today and endorse Sen. John McCain." I hope this is wrong. He should not endorse McCain. Giuliani's dropping out actually will seal the deal for Romney. Romney has picked up most of Thompson supporters and I believe he will get half or more of Giuliani's. McCain does not have more conservative support than Romney. Romney is not a favorite but will be preferred over McCain for conservatives. My fears are coming true: This will be a race for who can do the least worst on turn-out. I expect that this will be a very low turn-out and that will unfortunately favor Hillary. Which is a change for past elections where republicans did well with low turn-out. So I might as well start preparing for a very bad four years. Bad thing is, I don't think republicans will take either the house or senate and probably lose seats. My only reprieve is the Supreme Court has 4 strong originalists and that can help slow the countries progression to tyranny. I was right that Thompson would drop out. I was wrong about Giuliani and therefore wrong that they would be a ticket.

No comments: